Associate/Full Professor - Information Systems & Business Analytics - 20377BR
Associate/Full Professor - Information Systems & Business Analytics
Successful candidates will be expected to continue to contribute to the advancement of knowledge through high quality publications in leading academic journals, to teach courses with rigorous academic content at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level, and to engage in service and outreach activities that advance the educational mission of the School of Business and the University of Kansas.
The University of Kansas, School of Business has been educating students and creating business leaders since 1924. In May 2016, the school moved into the $70.5 million, 166,500-square-foot Capitol Federal Hall. The main campus is located in Lawrence, Kansas, 45 minutes west of Kansas City. For information about the University of Kansas, School of Business and living in Lawrence, see http://business.ku.edu/ and https://www.ku.edu/about-lawrence.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education. The successful applicant must have appropriate work authorization prior to the start of employment. For eligible international candidates, KU provides immigration support and sponsorship.
40% - Conduct and publish research on information systems and/or business analytics topics in leading academic journals.
20% - Engage in school, university, and professional service activities.
For appointment at the rank of Associate Professor:
- A Ph.D. in a discipline directly related to information systems and/or business analytics
- Record of productive teaching excellence in information systems and/or business analytics.
- Demonstrated excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to Associate Professor at a research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
- A Ph.D. in a discipline directly related to information systems and/or business analytics.
- Established record of teaching excellence in information systems and/or business analytics, as well as experience directing doctoral students.
- Sustained record of excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to Full Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Letter of application describing experience and accomplishments,
- Record of productivity in teaching, research and service as noted in CV,
- Research statement and supplemental materials, (e.g., publications), and
- Teaching statement and supplemental materials (e.g., teaching portfolio, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations).
In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant's contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU's mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following question at the time of application. The response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
- Describe your experiences working with people from diverse backgrounds, and explain how those experiences reflect your commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion.