Business Coordinator - 23462BR
The person in this position will coordinate the approval and processing of business transactions with CPPR staff, the Shared Service Centers, and Awards Management Services, including vendor invoices, interdepartmental sales, purchases, and PCard reconciliation. The person in this position will assist with policy development and communication related to CPPR financial operations management. The applicant should also be able to assess procedural barriers, actively and independently troubleshoot problems that may arise, and quickly develop and implement solutions with little oversight. This position is essential to the business and operations of CPPR. The coordinator will have access to a variety of privileged information and is expected to maintain confidentiality.
This position is contingent upon funding.
The University of Kansas offers competitive benefits that include health benefits, paid leave and holidays, optional Flexible Spending, Health Savings Accounts, and life insurance; Employee Assistance Program, retirement benefits, and much more that can be found on the KU Human Resources Management page.
At the heart of our mission, AAI is dedicated to improving the lives of people in the many communities we serve. To this end we commit to addressing the structural and systemic inequities that prevent marginalized populations from thriving. We strive to create a safe workplace where there is no tolerance for discrimination and harassment. We stand with Black Lives Matter, Indigenous Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and all individuals who are marginalized or oppressed. We join the movement to make KU and the world around us a better place.
- Coordinate and oversee business processes within the Center, including travel, p-card reconciliation, invoicing and payments, purchasing, Business Services Agreements, etc.
- Coordinate communications and workflows with Shared Service Center, AMS, KU Procurement, and auditors to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate submission of required information.
- Manage day-to-day oversite of travel, PCard, BSA, and invoice processing workflows to ensure maximum productivity and adherence to established guidelines and regulations; ensuring timely completion with a high degree of accuracy.
- Draft Business Associates Agreements, Fee for Service contracts, and various other contracts.
- Identify opportunities for business system improvement, recommend changes, and manage implementation.
- Develop and manage standard operating procedures and provide training to leadership and staff.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks and gaps in current financial procedures.
30% Manage Cost Center Invoicing
- Manage approval and payment processes for CPPR Cost Centers
- Meet with PI’s on a regular basis to develop sponsored project and Fee for Service invoicing schedules and ensure invoices are initiated based on the established schedule for each project.
- Track status of invoices and payments.
- Develop and manage procedures standardizing internal invoicing, ensuring timely invoicing to sponsored projects and maximizing efficiency.
- Collect financial information from various enterprise systems including OAC and HR Pay and convert to data used for organizational budgeting and financial projections on cost centers.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
*May supervise students and/or staff*
2. At least two years of experience processing financial transactions as demonstrated by previous work history.
3. Attention to detail and excellent written communication skills, as evidenced by application materials and interview process.
4. At least two years of experience with the University of Kansas financials' systems and processes as evidenced in application materials.
2. Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work as a positive team member, as evidenced in work history and application materials.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of application will begin September 26 and will continue until a pool of qualified applicants has been obtained.