Business Support Specialist - 22125BR
Business Support Specialist
The University of Kansas Libraries support a safe and inclusive environment for all members of our diverse communities at KU. We are committed to building a diverse and pluralistic workforce and strongly encourage applications from diverse candidates. This position will demonstrate a commitment to advancing diversity efforts in the Libraries and contributes to an inclusive environment.
Ways to Catch our Eye
- You have a yearning to apply your technical skills in a business process environment.
- When it comes to technology, you like discovering the root of the problem and using many resources like user groups and experts in technology to solve it.
- You have been known to search YouTube, Google and user forums to learn the source of issues.
- You are a self-learner when it comes to technology.
- Provides day-to-day project-based design and development work, as well as day-to-day support using existing applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, Flow, and Teams.
- Maintains the Libraries’ intranet presence and processes using SharePoint and Drupal Content Management System.
- Develops custom lists, sites, and document libraries(understanding of taxonomy and SharePoint Best Practices is vital).
- Develops, designs and manages content, customizations, web parts, forms, and custom workflow in SharePoint 2010 and 2013.
- Designs, develops and maintains custom SharePoint workflows for Libraries’ processes.
- Serves as a technical expert resource for library staff and departmental super-users for SharePoint.
- Develops custom SharePoint web applications using Forms, Flow, SharePoint Designer, and other tools.
- Develops documentation and training materials as needed.
- Trains and coaches library staff on web and SharePoint workflow needed to support their business operations.
- Serves as the primary support or backup for major library administrative processes such as keyless lock administration, technology support for library webinars and guest speakers, facilities maintenance requests, etc.
- Supports Human Resource technical and web functions.
- Provides Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) support (e.g., developing and running queries, creating dashboards, exporting data, running reports etc.) for a variety of library business operations.
- Participates in workshops, seminars and conferences for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions of the position.
- Engages in service to the Libraries, the University and to professional organizations by participating in committee work, projects, and task forces, as appropriate.
- This position has the option of a hybrid work arrangement. Incumbent may work remotely and on campus based on a set departmental schedule.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant experience OR a high school diploma and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of web design principles.
- Experience with computer programming and troubleshooting programming issues.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Flow or Microsoft Forms and dashboard tools.
- Experience with configuring SharePoint document libraries, lists, team sites, content management sites, user permissions/security, and workflows.
- Experience with Oracles-Based systems (Oracle Analytics in the Cloud, Financials in the Cloud) and/or Concur Travel Solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and project deadlines under minimal supervision.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous or current supervisor).
- Completion of the online application.
- Application review begins Monday, May 23, 2022 and continues until a pool of qualified applicants is identified.