Chancellor's Office Student Assistant-Student Hourly - 11618BR
Chancellor's Office Student Assistant-Student Hourly
- Greet guests with scheduled appointments and assist drop-in guests as needed.
- Act as a back-up receptionist to answer telephone calls on the office mainline.
- Make deliveries and pick-ups across campus as needed.
- Keep copier stocked with paper and letterhead.
- Stock beverages, empty trash bin in Chancellor’s Office on a weekly basis.
- Submit parking stall schedule to Parking and Transit each Friday, for the following week.
- Send RSVPs on behalf of the Chancellor, as directed by Chancellor’s Office Staff.
- Track RSVPs for office-hosted events as needed.
- Prepare, print, and mail letters from Chancellor to high school honors program attendees. This task also requires tracking dates to mail letters corresponding to the event.
- Stuff, sort, and mail letters for Employee Recognition Ceremony (April) and Retirement Lunch invitations (April).
- Assist Chancellor’s Office Staff with tasks, research and special projects as assigned. Projects may include Chancellor’s Holiday Card, United Way, and updating mailing lists.
- Keep Chancellor’s Archive filing current, receiving items from Chancellor’s Office Staff. Rotate files on an annual basis taking past year’s files to Spencer Archive office and creating new files for the upcoming school year.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Completed a minimum of 1 semester at the University of Kansas and in good academic standing.
- Competency with office computer software (Word, Excel, etc) as evidenced by resume.
- Prior customer service experience/training as evidenced by resume.
- Problem solving skills as evidenced by resume.
- Willing to take initiative, self-motivated as evidenced by resume.
- Excellent proofreading skills, accuracy necessary as evidenced by resume.
- Available to work Summer (15-20hrs/wk) and Fall/Spring semesters (4-12hrs/wk)
- Enjoy working with the public, not easily intimidated.