Civil Rights and Title IX Case Manager - 19594BR
Civil Rights and Title IX Case Manager
The Civil Rights and Title IX Case Manager for Institutional Opportunity and Access (IOA) will be responsible for the day-to-day management and tracking of harassment and discrimination reports including informal resolutions and formal investigations. This includes monitoring the intake of reported violations of nondiscrimination policies to the main office email, provides initial outreach and response, manages the data collection, input, and analysis of files in the IOA case management system, and serves as a point of contact for parties of reports. The Case Manager will also manage the IOA social media accounts and be responsible for posting information, service details, training events, and events about the IOA and other campus units. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to work independently, take initiative, and handle highly sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Oversees the intake, outreach, and response to allegations of violations of all University nondiscrimination policies including but not limited to the Non-Discrimination Policy and Sexual Harassment Policy.
- Serves as the first point-of-contact with faculty, staff, students, and guests of the university who report allegations of harassment and discrimination including greeting guests to the IOA office suite.
- Conducts preliminary meetings and intake screenings for reports of discrimination and harassment with third party reporters and complainants.
- Assists in the implementation of supportive measures for complainants, respondents, and witnesses.
- Maintains a case log of all active investigations and assignment of investigations to the IOA staff.
- Serves as a point of contact and maintains regular communication with parties to provide updates on the status of cases.
- Collaborates with the Title IX investigators regarding the status of cases; identifying and integrating best practices in the investigation.
- Sits in on party or witness interviews when appropriate.
- Updates survey to parties of formal investigations and reviews survey responses to identify trends and makes recommendations for process improvement to the Director of the IOA.
- Organizes and maintains case records within the IOA case management system.
- Spot checks cases within the case management database to ensure accuracy.
- Pulls data for reports and inquiries including but not limited to: Clery, annual office reports, KORA requests, and any other reports requested by the IOA Director or Sr. Title IX/EEO Investigator.
- Represents the IOA at various university events distributing materials and answering questions.
- Maintains all of the IOA social media accounts by posting information about the IOA and campus partner events and activities.
- Conducts trainings on the IOA process and best practices in supporting students and employees who disclose experiencing harassment and discrimination.
- Prepares an annual report for the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, communications, business, psychology, social welfare, or related field.
- Two years of office experience maintaining calendars, physical/virtual filing systems, and handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products, utilizing databases, and electronic calendaring systems.
- Experience with administering social media or website accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated through application materials, interview, and references,
- Demonstrated experience in roles requiring strong organizational skills.
- Prior experience working in higher education.
- Prior experience providing consultation to university faculty, staff, and administration.
- Prior experience with Maxient case management system or similar.
- Demonstrated participation in programs designed to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations, guidelines, and administrative practices related to nondiscrimination reports and investigations.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Sunday, August 8th, 2021