College Research Outreach Coordinator - 10948BR
College Research Outreach Coordinator
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
25% - Communication/Outreach
- Communicates with leaders of academic departments and/or faculty with active external support (Principal Investigators; PIs) within those units. Within this role, this individual:
- Meets with assigned departments on a quarterly and as-needed basis;
- Addresses unique concerns or needs of assigned departments; and
- Responsible for overseeing the dissemination of up to date information and procedure or policy changes related to research administration.
- Reports to the Dean/Associate Dean for Research in the Sciences
- Shares progress reports and status updates.
- Works with the Associate Dean to identify larger scale issues for proactive response and assesses responsiveness to problems reported.
- Facilitate the collaboration with KUCR/CPS SSC and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to proactively support and improve post-award services by:
- Communicating directly with Director of Research Admin at KUCR/ CPS SSC Management regarding any issues surrounding training or program development that will continue to build on the collaboration between these units;
- Taking responsibility for coordinating with KUCR/CPS SSC to develop standard operating procedures and policies;
- Working with KUCR and the CPS SSC to evaluates opportunities to enhance existing processes or provide improved service to client units;
- Working with Process Improvement and Training Committees as needed to implement process design changes or system updates; and
- Developing proactive approaches to support assigned departments and PI's based on proactive assessment of possible issues and attention to problems that are raised by those served and/or uncovered by this individual.
- Address unique concerns or needs of assigned departments and PIs within those departments.
- Manage concerns that arise through the life cycle of the grants administered through these units.
- Resolve disputes and takes corrective action.
- Troubleshoot issues that emerge from all stakeholders.
- Partners with KUCR and CPS SSC to develop and present information and training sessions on post-award policies and procedures and award management techniques.
- Provides information in a variety of formats, including individual training, workshop type sessions, and seminars to PIs and other interested staff as requested.
- Coordinates with KUCR and CPS SSC on the interpretation and communication of post-award policies, systems, procedures, and programs.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum two years related professional-level work experience; OR a high school degree/GED plus a minimum of six years of related professional-level work experience.
- Computer skills in a PC/Windows or Mac environment, including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- Experience working with research administration.
- General knowledge of applicable federal, state, and other sponsor regulations related to sponsored projects, including Uniform Guidance.
- Experience writing training materials, creating PowerPoint presentations, or drafting policy.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff and students in a higher education environment as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong people and team management experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins 02/14/18. To ensure consideration apply before, or no later than 02/13/18.