Curr & Assessment Assistant/Test Developer - 12316BR
Curr & Assessment Assistant/Test Developer
A successful candidate would assume a role related to the development, management, and/or implementation of assigned tasks for one or more components of a comprehensive assessment system for one or more states or private entities. Assessment development and research instruments include test specifications, test blueprints, test maps, test clusters and items, and associated planning and technical documentation for summative, interim/benchmark, and formative/classroom assessment tools. Successful candidates may also contribute to research projects, which include item writing best practices, learning progressions / learning maps, diagnostic frameworks, item scaffolding, universal design for assessment, and innovative item types in a technology-based assessment environment. Other research interests that also hold promise for assessments that will enhance student learning are also welcome.
The primary job duties of the successful candidate would be to work with the curriculum and assessment senior specialist for science and STEM and the test development team to establish and maintain work flow and implement and document processes and procedures to successfully continue CETE’s more than 30-year history of working with state assessment systems.
A Curriculum & Assessment Assistant would perform tasks under the direct supervision of a more senior curriculum and assessment specialist. Responsibilities relate to developing assessments in science and STEM; managing the preparation, review, and entry of test content into test development software; organizing assessment materials; and supporting the coordination of test development efforts. Other duties may include providing support for test development meetings.
25% - Organize and prepare assessment materials and items for entry into content management systems. Facilitate and perform quality checks of the entry of the assessment materials and items into the content management system. Facilitate and perform user acceptance testing of content management systems and reporting systems.
20% - Contribute to the coordination of tasks for graduate research assistants, item writers, and reviewers. Assist the test development lead with coordinating schedules, task lists, and training documentation.
20% - Review and edit assessment items developed by educators and supporting documentation using established standards throughout the entire test development cycle.
10% - Attend meetings across test development and production teams and provide general support to the project and project related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Educational Assessment, Science, STEM field or teacher certification in science or STEM, or a closely related field.
- Experience with individual state academic content and technology standards (e.g. Next Generation Science Standards, Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) K-12 Computer Science Standards, ISTE Standards for Computer Science Educators) or Career and Technical Education standards
- Experience with desktop and web-based technologies (e.g., Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook [or other email], Skype/Skype for Business) and specialized or proprietary testing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- K-12 teaching experience either in the areas of Science, STEM, Computer Science or career and technical education.
- Knowledge of or experience in developing educational assessments
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity, especially leadership of complex projects
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins July 17, 2018 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.