Custodial Supervisor - Residential (8am - 4:30am) - 23047BR
Custodial Supervisor - Residential (8am - 4:30am)
Facilities Services supports KU's mission of learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor by operating and maintaining the University's physical plant and grounds. The incumbent is the senior supervisor for custodial staff assigned to their respective zone who perform daily cleaning activities in office, classroom, research, and/or residential buildings. The incumbent is responsible for planning and directing work activities for lead workers, and/or custodial staff, following a daily and seasonal plan for custodial services. The incumbent is also responsible for providing appropriate skills related training, and for physically completing custodial work as required.
In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
Work schedule: Sunday-Thursday 10:30pm-7am
25% - Reviews time and labor and absence management reports and forwards as appropriate. Approves leave requests and monitors leave balances for assigned staff. Submits annual physical inventory according to schedule from Comptroller's Office.
10% - Shares responsibilities for meeting requirements outlined in any service level agreements that may exist with customers in the zone. Distributes custodial work to staff. May be responsible for additional zone custodial services in the absence of colleagues or immediate supervisor. On-call supervisor on a rotating basis for after-hours emergencies. Participates in training sessions and service classes or workshops.
5% - Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry, and place moderately heavy loads frequently, and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Work in temperature extremes, both hot and cold inside and outdoors.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather if required.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- High School diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency.
- Five (5) years of custodial experience with three (3) years of experience as a supervisor.
- A valid driver's license by time of hire.
- Experience using MS Office, including Outlook and Word.
- Custodial experience in a large commercial or institutional setting.
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) experience.
- More than three years supervisory/leadership experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review will begin Monday, August 15th and continue until a pool of qualified applicants is identified.