Custodian (10:30pm - 7am) - 21919BR
Custodian (10:30pm - 7am)
In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 8 hours of sick leave earned every month, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
Work Schedule: Sunday-Thursday nights, 10:30pm-7:00am with overtime and after hours call back as needed.
15% - Floor Maintenance: Strips floors, chemical detergent scrubs in non-carpeted areas. Burnishes tile floors, bonnets and deep extracts carpeted areas, cleans and maintains specialty floors such as wood, cork, quarry tile, etc. using a variety of automatic equipment. Follows associated safety procedures in order to avoid injury to self, others, and equipment damage.
15% - Rest room / Shower Cleaning: Cleans and disinfects sinks, stools, urinals, sanitary napkin receptacles and t rash containers. Cleans and polishes fixtures, wet mops floors, dusts and cleans all surfaces. Replaces soap and paper goods. Cleans floor drains and adds water according to established schedule. Scrubs walls, detergent scrubs floors with semi-automatic scrubbing equipment. Acid cleans urinals and toilets. All work is performed following standard procedures and safety precautions.
5% - Supplies, Chemical and Equipment Maintenance: Cleans and performs minor maintenance on hand tools and mechanized equipment such as burnishers, scrubbers, dry/wet vacuums, etc, reporting equipment malfunctions or repairs that are not minor to supervisor. Remains knowledgeable concerning proper use and purposes of chemicals, the proper mixing of chemicals, and associated safety procedures in order to avoid injury to self, others, and equipment damage.
5% - Other Related Work: Includes but is not limited to locking and unlocking building doors, assisting in other areas/buildings with special university events and emergencies. Reports building repair needs and concerns to supervisor. Reports and turns in all found items according to established policy. Raises and lowers flags in certain university buildings and areas. Participates in training sessions and in-service classes. Participates in departmental staff meetings and committees as assigned. Assists with snow removal and surface treatment.
5% - Performs other related work as assigned.
- Work under a variety of extremes of temperature and weather, both inside and outdoors.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather if required.
- Carry up to 20 pounds constantly and up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and practices used in cleaning operations.
- Custodial experience in large residential or commercial buildings.
- Knowledge of and experience with the operation, use, and care of vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbing machines, polishing machines, and other janitorial equipment.
- Advanced training in custodial and high-volume cleaning operations.
- Experience interacting with customers and/or the public.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include your current contact information including email and phone number and your previous work experience including dates of employment. Please include the name and contact information to three references with your application.