Customer Services Student Level 2-Student Hourly - 20345BR
Customer Services Student Level 2-Student Hourly
Service Management & Delivery fosters and strengthens relationships between the KU community and KU Information Technology by providing a single point of contact for services offered by KU IT in a courteous, timely, and knowledgeable manner to facilitate access to information and the innovative use of technology in support of learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor.
- Advanced troubleshooting and assistance to faculty, staff, and students with problems relating to KU computing systems and services (Enroll and Pay, e-mail, Blackboard, classroom support, virus eradication, etc.), as well as general computing questions and problems.
- Provide assistance and troubleshoot advanced account management issues.
- Enter all issues into a problem tracking software.
- Update the knowledgebase as required.
- Provide remote assistance to users.
- Assist with special projects, administrative reports, and other duties as assigned.
- May be required to travel to different campus locations.
- IT Customer Services Student Level I previous work experience.
- Experience with the following operating systems: Windows, Apple OSX and /iOS, Android; Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).; Microsoft Outlook and configuration, as evidenced in application materials.
- Experience working in a customer service environment, as evidenced in application materials.
- Good oral and written communications skills as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Experience working independently, as part of a team, and multi-task as demonstrated by application materials.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware issues as evidenced in application materials
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Enrolled at the University of Kansas a minimum of 6 hours.
Work hours are 10-15 hours per week including weekend, evening hours and holiday and summer breaks.
- Familiarity with KU environment and online services.
- Proven attendance record.
- Experience using a knowledgebase and/or experience using trouble-ticket submission software.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new training and responsibilities.
- Experience using and troubleshooting audio/visual and equipment.
- Advanced experience with basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of:
- Cover letter addressing how the Required Qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review begins October 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
10 - 15 hours per week.