Digital Initiatives Coordinator - 13082BR
Digital Initiatives Coordinator
The mission of the Dole Institute of Politics is to promote political and civic participation as well as civil discourse in a bi-partisan, philosophically balanced manner. By providing a forum for discussion of political and economic issues, fostering public service leadership and encouraging participation in the political process, we emphasize that politics is an honorable profession and provide opportunities for all to interact with political leaders, practitioners and authors. The Dole Institute also emphasizes that only through political and civic participation can citizens redirect the course of our nation.
The Robert J. and Elizabeth Dole Archives and Special Collections department is responsible for collections-based functions at the Dole Institute of Politics. Our collections include one of the largest congressional manuscript collections in the country which attracts researchers from around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year experience working with digital repositories.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of digital repositories, preservation management systems and/or digital asset management systems, such as Entermedia and Islandora
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of metadata standards including DACS, Dublin Core and other relevant standards such as EAD, MODS and METS.
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of digitization standards
- Experience and/or demonstrated knowledge of digital preservation standards
- Proven ability to work independently as demonstrated by experience or coursework.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
- Concentration or certification in digital curation or digital archives
- Project management experience, especially of large-scale digitization projects
- Experience in database administration and/or data manipulation
- Experience using archival collections management software such as Archon, Archivesspace, Preservica, or Archivematica
- Demonstrated excellence in workflow development and documentation
- Archival coursework or certification through the Academy of Certified Archivists
- Experience with born-digital archival processing and digital curation
- Experience with IIIF, DPLA, and/or other image-based APIs
- Experience using Drupal and coding websites
- Experience working with congressional or political archives
Additional Candidate Instructions
Applications must include the following:
- Complete contact information, including telephone and e-mail addresses, for 3 professional references
- Cover letter containing a brief statement of interest and an assessment of skills related to the required and preferred qualifications.
- Resume or curriculum vita
Only complete applications will be considered. An online University of Kansas application must be completed to be considered for this position.
To ensure consideration apply on or before the extended closing date of December 10, 2018.