Director of Education, Social & Biobehavioral SSC - 11635BR
Director of Education, Social & Biobehavioral SSC
- Meets as needed with Dean's Office leadership and Research Center directors.
- Meets as needed with the HR, finance, and research central staff.
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day operational functions, activities, work methods and supervision of the SSC staff; responsible for scheduling and evaluation of personnel; makes and is responsible for recommending disciplinary actions (when necessary).
- Responsible for cultivating a culture of customer service in their respective SSC.
- Responsible for overall delivery of SSC services that support the missions of the units served.
- Utilizes resources and information available for analysis of business trends to determine the optimum mix of services and employees within the SSC to provide efficient and cost-effective support; works with leadership to make long-range plans to consider design changes in services or processes to meet changing priorities, requirements and/or fiscal concerns.
- Accountable for meeting the customer expectations outlined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the respective SSC and the customers it serves. Will provide input into the initial development of this SLA; ensures policies and procedures meet all applicable requirements.
- Accountable for the SSC staff upholding policies, procedures and compliance in HR, finance, and research activities.
- Chairs the respective SSC Governance Board, which will meet quarterly to discuss how well the SSC is meeting customer needs and provide input into solutions to overcome gaps.
- Regularly monitors key performance indicators for the SSC, working with finance, research and HR leads to overcome identified performance gaps.
- Supports the continued development of best practice processes and standard operating procedures in finance, research, and HR to be implemented in the SSCs; reviews al new issues or initiatives impacting operations or processes within the SSC; advises the Associate Vice Provost, VPs, Departmental Directors, and central staff stakeholders on operational implications; discusses policy changes and overall impact on operations; recommends changes to existing policy when necessary to create efficiencies.
- Supports the ongoing maintenance of the SSC web presence communicating the SSC activities, policies, procedures and staff to the areas served.
- Helps to communicate the vision and mission of the SSC by attending standing KU meetings for faculty and staff.
- Meets regularly with leadership and other entities served by the SSC.
- Accessible to the customers and staff served by their respective SSC to discuss issues, identify gaps and develop solutions to challenges encountered by the SSC.
- Master's degree and 3 years of related experience in the field (finance, accounting, HR, or business administration) OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience in the field.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience over full time staff.
- Effective written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to drive organizational change, impact team morale, create a sense of belonging and participation and motivate others to achieve a high level of performance.
- Experience directly related to KU administrative processes and policies in HR, finance, and research.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in developing and implementing process improvements for programs and services and measuring the success of desired outcomes.
- Exceptional oral communication skills as demonstrated through direct work experience with University administration, faculty and/or staff as well as shown during personal interview.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application must include the following:
2. Cover letter detailing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications
3. Three professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.