Director of Finance and Administration - 12824BR
Director of Finance and Administration
- Partner with local, state, national and global communities to apply scholarship to implement programs with direct public impact and to serve the greater good.
- Develop and publish generalizable knowledge that allows leveraging of the solutions developed so that the success of the first part of our mission is magnified.
- Provide faculty with the support and encouragement they need to generate resources for research and development in support of enhanced achievement of individuals and organizations.
- Provide students with experiences vital to their professional development.
- Take the lead in financial strategizing for AAI and develop financial portions of strategic and business plans and help present those plans to university leadership.
- Lead development of costing model and pricing and rate development efforts in partnership with AAI business unit leadership.
- Assist entrepreneurial efforts to keep AAI and KU at the forefront of public and private partnerships to develop innovative products and services.
- Work with the AAI Finance and Administration group to analyze existing practices, make recommendations for improvements, and lead implementation efforts for pilot model.
- Prepare and present timely financial and management reports to the Director of AAI, Directors of Revenue Generating Centers, and KUCR for informed decision making.
- Develop internal and external relationships to inspire a shared vision for an effective and efficient financial unit that meets the needs of various constituents.
Financial Operations (45%):
- Supervise and provide direction to the AAI Finance and Administration group.
- Work with KU Office of Research and the Shared Service Center to develop new processes and procedures to increase agility and efficiency and improve turnaround time for transactions.
- Establish and maintain internal control systems within AAI.
- Oversee proposal processes in pre-award and provide direction to staff who prepare project and proposal budgets.
- Oversee processes and monitor output of transaction and grant reporting teams to insure needs of center directors and PIs are being met.
- Provide priorities to staff responsible for accounts payable transactions.
- Provide advice and direction for the development of the annual operating budget in coordination with the Director of AAI, constituent center Directors, and KUCR.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven year’s related experience, with at least three years' experience at the Financial Management level (i.e. as Director of Finance, Director of Financial Analysis & Planning, Controller, Chief Budget Officer) where the candidate has participated in the setting of financial strategies.
- Five years of previous supervisory experience.
- Experience developing and administering budgets of at least $10,000,000 per annum.
- Advanced accounting experience and skills as demonstrated in application materials indicating previous related work experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience supporting innovative product development (costing models, pricing, or rate development).
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or economics (CPA, CMA or MBA preferred).
- Experience using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and preparing financial statements in compliance with GASB or FASB.
- Financial reporting experience.
- Experience in financial management in a both for profit and not-for-profit settings
- Knowledge of the federal cost accounting, auditing and administrative principals for not for profit corporations (OMB Circulars A-21, A-11 0, A-1 33).
- Experience as a manager in a matrix managed organization.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins September 24, 2018, and continues until position is filled.