Director of Student Accounts & Receivables - 21691BR
Director of Student Accounts & Receivables
The Director of Student Accounts Receivables (SAR) and Card Center is expected to interpret rules and regulations of federal, state, local and private agencies, as well as navigate difficult conversations with University of Kansas students and parents surrounding billing accuracy and collections. This position will create complex analysis to maximize cash flow to the university and minimize expenses related to collections and strategy efforts. The director is expected to exercise good judgment and discretion and manage operations and timelines by setting priorities to execute duties and adhere to deadlines. This position will drive a positive customer service experience with student accounts, card center interactions, as well as with other university departments and outside agencies.
40% Responsible for the overall management of SAR. Collaborate with staff on developing processes and procedures for duties within the office. Provide administrative support and developmental opportunities for staff. Coordinate the RFP process when needed - write/update the RFP, evaluate responses, and make recommendations for SAR. Work with special situations regarding students and their families. Develop and execute collection strategy efforts to maximize student retention and cash flows for the University of Kansas while minimizing costs.
15% Coordinate the operation, maintenance, and development of the PeopleSoft Student Administration System Student Financials with Student Information Systems (SIS). Address system accesses, issues, failures, changes, and upgrades as the need arises.
15% Coordinate all activities with Enrollment Management - Financial Aid & Scholarships, University Registrar, SIS, Admissions; Orientation; International Student Services (ISS), and other offices on campus. Serve on the Fee Petition committee, Student Housing Advisory Board (SHAB) and Optional Campus Fees committee. Represent Financial Services across the University community by participating on committees and attending regional and national workshops and conferences.
15% Interpret federal, state, and local laws, statutes, regulations, procedural statements, and policies. Examines and analyzes these items to determine compliance requirements and follows-up to ensure compliance with financial aid regulations as well as CFPB regulations. Develops and recommends policies and procedures for SAR as well for the University with regards to these regulations. Assures compliance by directing the applications of the rules, regulations, and laws.
10% Develop strategy for efficient KUID Card Center production efforts and coordinate with Orientation and Housing operations for smoothest student interactions.
5% Assist the Senior Director of Financial Services with various assignments and financial reporting as required.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience.
- Two (2) years of management, supervisory experience, and/or project team leadership.
- Two (2) years experience providing customer service in an institution of higher education, business, or other organizational setting.
- Two (2) years experience with database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications as demonstrated in application materials.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in application materials.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Experience in Enrollment Management Services at an institution of higher education such as Financial Aide, Student Support Services, Registrar and/or Enrollment Services, or other related experience.
- Experience with Federal, State, and Local Laws, statutes, regulations procedural statements, and policies regarding financial aide as well as CFPB regulations.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, or other Student Administration or Student Financial systems.
- Experience developing staff and fostering a culture of positivity.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Review of applications will begin Monday April 4th, 2022 and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.