Director - 10685BR
CETE’s mission is to improve the state of student assessment by
- conducting research in support of testing programs that facilitate student learning;
- providing test sponsors with test administration, results reporting and professional development; and
- providing graduate students with operational and research experiences vital to their professional development.
20%: Lead staff in the analysis of processes and procedures for all routine work. Identify and implement opportunities for greater time and cost efficiency and enhanced quality.
15%: Analyze strategic and high-level tactical opportunities and with the Director of AAI determine and implement chosen priorities.
10%: Work with AAI administration, the ESB Shared Service Center, KU Research, and other offices at the University of Kansas, to ensure the smooth administration of CETE programs and people.
10%: Support the mission (above) of the Center.
5%: Serve as a senior technical resource to projects in CETE, in other KU research centers, and for the greater communities CETE serves.
- Ph.D./Ed.D. in an education-related field.
- Demonstrated successful experience managing complex projects.
- Five years of experience with responsibility for development of a large-scale assessment program at a testing company, state department of education agency, large school district, or as a consultant.
- Five years of progressive leadership responsibility and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead innovation and research on assessment, as evidenced by presentations and publications related to educational assessment and/or by previous leadership roles.
- Ph.D./Ed.D. in Educational Measurement or a closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop staff.
- A prominent national reputation as indicated by serving in highly visible leadership roles such as on Technical Advisory Committees or in national professional organizations.
- Successful grant or business development experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins February 1, 2018, and continues until the position is filled.