Dole Media Lab Assistant - 10552BR
Dole Media Lab Assistant
The Student Computer Lab Assistant is responsible for monitoring and assisting patrons during lab hours. Students assistants must be quick learners, courteous, responsible, and take the job seriously as an impartial employee when dealing with students.
- Responsible for checking in and out camera equipment.
- Maintain the security of the lab equipment.
- Assist students and professors with basic editing equipment functions, and general lab clean-up.
- May have an opportunity to teach camera and editing orientations (depending on skill level).
- Lab assistants may be called upon to assist in remote broadcasts.
- The lab assistants interact with a majority of the students and faculty, and their actions must reflect positively on the School of Journalism.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Experience with Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express
Additional Candidate Instructions
To ensure consideration, submit an application by 11:59pm on January 25, 2018.