Education Support Technologist - 12980BR
Education Support Technologist
20% Utilize instructional design principles to design training workshops and develop course materials to provide professional services to faculty in supporting teaching and learning initiatives. Assure course materials (presentation slides, handouts, manuals, exercises, etc.) are appropriately documented. Assure the learning environment and resources and support a learner needs are available. Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and learning outcomes. Document and prepare appropriate training materials for a variety of options including instructor-led (both classroom and remotely), web-based, and pre-recorded training. Plan, coordinate and manage a recurring curriculum that includes educational technology tools used at KU, including Blackboard, SoftChalk, Respondus, VoiceThread, iClickers, and others.
20% Collaborate with faculty and other campus departments in numerous ways on course development projects in order to promote and educate how to effectively use educational technology tools available at the University of Kansas for delivery of face-to-face courses or online courses.
15% Train and support faculty and instructors in the use of teaching and learning technologies with special attention to best practices for improving learning outcomes and active learning via face-to-face workshops, webinars and self-study online courses.
10% Research and pilot new technologies and tools that would benefit teaching and learning at KU. Collaborate with peer universities to compare and learn new techniques. Analyze and evaluate the usefulness of these new educational technologies to propose solutions.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to provision and de-provision user accounts and access in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Associate’s degree and 3 years of experience using educational technology tools.
- One year experience in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Training faculty and instructors in best practices for use of technology to support instruction.
- Creating digital and online instructional resources.
- Supporting a learning management system (LMS) like Blackboard.
- Designing workshop curriculum and supporting documentation.
- One year of experience collaborating with others in a separate unit or department, business, or school.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as evidenced in application material.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Education, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology or related area of study.
- Over 3 years of experience using a learning management system (LMS) like Blackboard.
- Experience administering Blackboard.
- Experience developing end-user technical documentation.
- Experience in developing or maintaining websites using Drupal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a rapidly changing professional environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is October 15th, 2018.