External Affairs Assistant – Student Hourly - 19589BR
External Affairs Assistant – Student Hourly
In the External Affairs Assistant role, the student will create and manage all aspects of the school’s social media presence with strategic oversight from the Director of External Affairs, including but not limited to: setting up and managing Facebook events, content calendar creation and management, various visual and textual content creation, creating and managing campaigns that encourage audience engagement and interaction. The role will also assist the Director of External Affairs in writing and packaging news pieces for online publication via social media, website, and email blasts. This is an excellent position for a student to gain applicable job skills that will help them when they look for post-graduate work in today’s market of social media and communications positions.
60%- Social media management
30%- News writing and packaging
10%- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year or more social media management experience as evidenced by work history and application materials.
- Advanced writing and proofreading experience as evidenced by work history and application materials.
- Experience with MS Office Suite as evidenced by work history and application materials.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, including: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as evidenced by work history and application materials.
- Have at least one year of experience working with Mac/Apple products.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
To ensure consideration, submit application by 11:59PM on August 12, 2021. Review of applications begins July 30, 2021.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
20 hours a week (two days or more) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.