Facility Program Manager-Student Hourly - 10990BR
Facility Program Manager-Student Hourly
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) is a $17 million facility which opened in September 2003. In 2008, a $6.3 million expansion was completed, increasing the total indoor space to 150,000 square feet. The ASRFC is comprised of many different activity spaces: 16,000 square feet of cardiovascular resistance training and free weight equipment, six indoor basketball/volleyball courts, a three-lane suspended jogging track, an aerobics studio, a martial arts studio, four racquetball courts, one squash court, a dasher board system gymnasium, a golf simulator, a 42-foot climbing wall and bouldering wall, two outdoor basketball courts, a conference room, and multimedia room.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- It is the responsibility of the FPM to create and maintain the employee schedules for both the Facility Assistants and the Facility Supervisors.
- Both the Facility Assistant and Facility Supervisor schedule is created by using When2Work with the FPM overseeing this process twice each semester, as well as for each extended break period (Winter Break and Summer Semester), according to employee availabilities.
- The FPM is essentially on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On occasion, it may be necessary for the FPM to assist a FA or FS in getting a shift covered upon short notice and/or fill in for that employee.
- The FPM is also responsible for filling in when a student employee does not come in for a shift without notice. It will be up to the discretion of the FPM to take disciplinary action according to the Facility Manual in these instances.
- The FPM will assist/run along with the Facility Coordinator all staff meetings.
- Employee training is held at the beginning of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters or whenever hiring takes place.
- The FPM under guidance and direction from the Facility Coordinator is responsible for the on-going training of student employees using the established curriculum.
- The FPM should be supervising employee actions and behaviors to help the FA and FS better understand their responsibilities and job roles.
- The FPM will assist the Facility Coordinator with employee performance evaluations.
- The FPM will assist the Facility Coordinator with the construction and maintenance of the Facility Manual. This may include the creation of new material, editing of existing material, as well as the printing, binding and distribution to student employees.
- The FPM is responsible for holding all student employees accountable to the Student Employee Discipline and Work Performance Guidelines as described in the Facility Manual.
- The FPM is responsible for maintaining Facility employee records. This includes, but is not limited to: CPR certification, up to date email, phone numbers, and emergency contacts, disciplinary records.
- The FPM will assist the Facility Coordinator in the hiring of new student employees. The FPM is responsible for reviewing all applications. The FPM is also responsible for scheduling interviews for selected applicants, assisting in the interview process, and notifying candidates of hire/no-hire.
- The FPM is responsible for maintaining Facility records using the Connect2 recreation administration program. This may include, but is not limited to: participation count, accident and injury reports, and incident reports.
- The FPM is responsible for maintaining the lost and found. Lost and found should be emptied each week on Tuesday and/or Friday.
- The FPM is also in charge of maintaining Facility Equipment. This includes: making sure the correct equipment is entered in CSI, properly marking all equipment, maintaining inventory logs, and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for setup/preparation and breakdown/clean-up of special events
- Responsible for knowing the day-to-day operations and daily events scheduled
- Enrolled in 6 credit hours or more at the University of Kansas.
- Good oral and written communication as exhibited in application material.
- Good customer service as evidenced in application material.
- Proven ability to Multi-task
- CPR/AED certification
- Employee management experience