Field Research Assistant - 18992BR
Field Research Assistant
20% Catalog and process archaeological materials recovered.
20% Prepare and maintain excavation and survey equipment used during the field season.
- KU students holding student hourly appointments must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
- A major in Anthropology, Archaeology focus.
- Ability to travel away from Lawrence up to 10 days.
- Requires working in outdoor temperatures.
- Completion of archaeological field school.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
2021 Field Season:
8 hour days, exceptions may be necessary depending on weather, etc.
San Esteban Rockshelter, SW Texas
Three 10-day sessions between May 31 and July 9, with each session separated by a 4-day break.
Session 1: May 31-June 9
Session 2: June 14-23
Session 3: June 28-July 7
GLD Paleoindian Site, SW Texas
Two 10-day sessions between July 19 and August 11
Session 1: July 19-28
Session 2: August 2-11