Financial Aid Systems Analyst - 22702BR
Financial Aid Systems Analyst
Student Information Systems (SIS) is responsible for the functional set-up, maintenance, and testing of enterprise-wide student systems at the University of Kansas. SIS works with end-users to analyze business practices to determine the best way to meet unit, enrollment management and University goals through efficient, optimal return on investment.
The Financial Aid Systems Analyst in Student Information Systems (SIS) assists in the maintenance and development of the Campus Solutions Financial Aid Module. This position works directly with the Student Financial Aid offices on both the Lawrence and Medical center campuses. This position reports to the Financial Aid Lead Analyst.
- Implements the automated event driven communication capabilities as directed by the Financial Aid Lead Analyst.
- Includes all aspects of communication setup and testing including template creation and modification as well as scheduling all daily communication processes.
- Works directly with financial aid office staff to determine business needs and changes pertaining to communications.
- Validates delivery of communication process for accuracy.
- Under the direction of the Financial Aid Lead Analyst, ensures financial aid issues are identified, reported, tracked and resolved rapidly.
- Supports production processing on a daily basis, including the calendaring and monitoring of batch scheduling processes as well as other ad hoc jobs required by Student Financial Aid offices.
- Assists with the on-going and changing financial aid setup in production and test databases.
- Serves as a liaison between technical staff and functional staff in troubleshooting and problem-solving system issues.
- Assists with the implementation of bundles and fixes with special emphasis on testing for the impact and ramifications of those fixes on the financial aid offices.
- Directs office staff and both Financial Aid Directors and their subordinates on testing practices and bundle issues on which to focus.
- Conducts testing for self-service financial aid access, including mobile and delegate.
- Manages the documentation of all FA processing, including flow charts.
- Provides end user training to the Student Financial Aid Offices as well as assists with the development and delivery of training tools for the offices.
- Assists the Financial Aid Lead Analyst with understanding of current business practices in the Financial Aid offices and the logic for decision making within those offices.
- Identify modification and enhancement needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Financial Aid Lead Analyst.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Information Technology and Financial Aid, while working as a Functional Analyst on assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant experience or a high school diploma and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum one year of financial aid experience.
- Experience with Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience that required strong problem solving and organization skills as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Excellent written communication skills as evidenced in the application materials.
- Experience with student financial aid systems.
- Ability to understand and organize data.
- Evidence of ability to work under extreme pressure while meeting stated goals and deadlines.
- Ability to successfully work with organizations that have competing requirements.
- Ability to work with a broad range of personality types in a cohesive and collaborative system.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Contact Information to Applicants
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- UPDATE: Application review date has changed to Thursday, August 11st, 2022 and will remain open until a qualified pool has been identified.