Financial Analyst Intermediate - 23467BR
Financial Analyst Intermediate
This position will prepare budgetary forecasts and reports, compiling and interpreting all financial data, both expenditures and revenue. Duties will include complex technical analysis and financial reporting, utilizing various data sources including OAC and HRPay. The successful candidate will be familiar with KU’s financial systems, and also understand the structure and function of KU Research Centers, particularly AAI and CPPR. This position will require critical and creative thinking and problem solving. The person in this position will be expected to operate with little direction, identify and analyze problems, and recommend solutions. This position will also assist Principal Investigators to scope projects and draft sponsored project budgets.
The University of Kansas offers competitive benefits that include health benefits, paid leave and holidays, optional Flexible Spending, Health Savings Accounts, and life insurance; Employee Assistance Program, retirement benefits, and much more that can be found on the KU Human Resources Management page.
At the heart of our mission, AAI is dedicated to improving the lives of people in the many communities we serve. To this end we commit to addressing the structural and systemic inequities that prevent marginalized populations from thriving. We strive to create a safe workplace where there is no tolerance for discrimination and harassment. We stand with Black Lives Matter, Indigenous Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and all individuals who are marginalized or oppressed. We join the movement to make KU and the world around us a better place.
- Prepare budgetary forecasts and reports, research and prepare variance analysis with explanations to non-fiscal staff, and conduct various analyses and modeling involving CPPR financial data. This includes overall operating budget, Cost Center (907 Account) reports, salary operating budget, and various ad hoc reports.
- Perform complex technical analysis and financial reporting. Liaise with AAI, SSC, and KUCR/AMS financial staff to ensure consistency in financial reporting and jointly determine and implement appropriate changes based on KU policy and sound accounting principles.
- Find efficiencies in data analysis and report development.
- Reduce manual input by leveraging SQL and creating custom reports in OAC.
- Update service rates for CPPR’s 5 cost centers in collaboration with KUCR every 2 years.
- Ensure CPPR PI’s understand service rates and are using them appropriately.
- Prepare Fee for Service contracts and initiate FFS invoices and interdepartmental sales.
- Help PI’s draft scopes and budgets.
- Manage and monitor proposals through the AAI/KUCR pre-award process.
- Provide leadership/guidance with development, design or interpretation of financial information systems and/or business processes.
- May supervise staff or students.
2. Two years of experience with financial systems that include budget, accounting, and payroll systems as demonstrated by previous work experience.
3. Two years of experience with sponsored research projects, as evidenced in application materials.
4. Two years of experience creating budgets and projections/forecasting, as evidenced in work history.
5. Strong communication skills as evidenced in application materials and interview.
2. Experience with sponsored projects budgets.
3. Experience applying Structured Querying Language (SQL) with financial data.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin on September 30, 2022. To ensure first consideration, please apply by September 29, 2022.