Functional Systems Analyst Sr - 11586BR
Functional Systems Analyst Sr
35%- Identify processing issues within the financial management system. Evaluate for cause of problem; identify use cases, create test scripts and test possible solutions in order to resolve such problems in an orderly, timely and accurate manner to allow for continuous and uninterrupted processing of information in the financial system. Create functional design documents, communicate with developers for possible solutions and/or request assistance and make the recommendation to approve migrations and fixes to financial system as needed.
20%- Coordinate with FMS leadership to solve problems and/or improve system functionality – may include upgrades/implementations. Analyze business processes to identify management systems requirements by working with Business Process owners. Document and communicate requirements and related functional designs to IT and FMS Leadership. Design use cases and draft test scripts for testing of upgrades, service packs, enhancements and new financial system projects. Submit results and recommendations to FMS Leadership for desired changes and migrations to production system as needed. Prepare documentation for testing and training materials used by departmental staff to train university users.
5%- Perform other tasks as assigned by Comptroller Management.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in business, management, computer science, information systems and 3 years relevant work experience OR high school diploma and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Three years’ experience in accounting/auditing using automated financial systems.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to evaluate, interpret, detect and reconcile discrepancies in a financial system and reports.
- One year of financial systems experience in an Oracle product.
- Knowledge of State and University regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret system configuration.
- One year experience in automated Travel/Expense system.
- Excellent written communication as evidenced by material submitted.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday April 25th, 2018.