Functional Systems Analyst Sr - 23037BR
Functional Systems Analyst Sr
The University of Kansas Lawrence Campus office of Enrollment Management Communications & Recruitment Systems serves students, families, and the community by working to improve and simplify the interactions students and their families have with all Enrollment Management departments as they navigate the college experience from inquiry through graduation.
The Functional Systems Analyst Senior, reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management Communications & Recruitment Systems, plays a critical role in the design and implementation of communication and CRM strategies designed to attract, admit, enroll, retain and graduate students. Specifically, the Functional Systems Analyst Senior will provide technology expertise and support in the development, management, and daily operations of the University’s Admissions CRM system, Technolutions Slate, for the graduate student population. This includes system maintenance, admissions application development, query development, process automation, data integrity, integration with off-campus systems, staff training, and identifying and developing new functionality.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management units and other University staff to support Slate CRM system and admissions applications
- Assess and analyze performance of online application forms and admission workflow systems and identify opportunities to further leverage the use of technology to meet institutional enrollment goals
- Leverage CRM tools and technologies to automate highly targeted and segmented communications to prospective students
- Provide technical expertise to support the continuous development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of Slate processes across functional areas
- Provide project documentation including change requests and problem resolutions
- Collaborate with EM Leadership and Recruitment Systems team to review and update data through prospective student imports and exports, as well as maintain these processes with third-party vendor systems
- Identify and resolve data integrity issues, create documentation and procedure manuals, and provide staff training with campus stakeholders to prevent issues
- Keep apprised of new Slate functionalities and capabilities through research into system documentation and community forums
- Design and customize reports based upon data in the database
- Provide leadership for Graduate Student CRM implementation, such as communicate new functionality to stakeholders and provide staff training and documentation when warranted
- Provide expertise in creating streamlined application and application review processes
- Respond to and troubleshoot CRM user, administrator and system issues
- Create and maintain training and procedure manuals to enable users to build queries, generate reports, and execute procedures to support their use of Slate
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys
- Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of student academic records by complying with FERPA and University policies
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR a high school diploma and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Slate (or similar higher education admission and recruiting customer relationship management systems).
- Demonstrated ability through application materials to troubleshoot and solve technical challenges, including data analysis, workflows, and process design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into non-technical language as evidenced in application materials.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks as evidenced in application materials.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as evidenced in application materials.
- Outstanding customer service orientation as evidenced in application materials.
- Experience in an Admissions setting, preferably in higher education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with evaluating product features and their ability to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability through application materials to develop and implement new technologies and/or services in a high-impact environment including robust training to end-users in one-on-one or large group settings.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
- Application review will begin on Monday August 29, 2022 and will continue until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.