General Maintenance Repair Tec - 21890BR
General Maintenance Repair Tec
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career, look no farther than the University of Kansas. In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, 9 paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a great retirement program, medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and state of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational opportunities for employees. KU is a great place to work!
40% - Responds to emergency calls and customer requests for various physical environment issues like doors, windows, ceilings, walls, flooring, roofs, water penetration and other issues. Sees issues through to completion and/or requests assistance from appropriate staff and leadership.
5% - Other Related Work as Assigned: Maintains an adequate supply of tools, parts, and supplies for jobs. Responds to after-hours emergency calls as needed. Assists with other maintenance areas and in other work areas as assigned. Assists with snow removal and surface treatment.
5% - Performs other related work as assigned.
- Reach, grasp, hold, lift and place moderately heavy loads and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces and extreme temperatures (hot and cold) inside and outdoors.
- Operate work issued vehicles for transporting staff and materials
- Work occasional planned and unplanned overtime as needed including responding to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Must digitally enter work order information and perform other electronic communications as required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalency.
- One year of experience in a skilled craft area. Certificate from a vocational school or an associate's degree in a building or mechanical trade area may be substituted for the required experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and maintain the license throughout employment.
- Experience in carpentry, paint, roofs, windows, doors, flooring or other building trades.
- Knowledge of the standard practices, tools, equipment and materials associated with a variety of skilled crafts and building trades.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of skilled crafts and building trades.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret blueprints, electrical or plumbing schematics.
- Experience working in a university, college or multi-building campus environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.