General Maintenance Worker - 19373BR
General Maintenance Worker
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career look no farther than the University of Kansas. KU offers great benefits to employees with 176 hours paid vacation a year & 8 hours of sick leave a month, 9+ paid holidays a year, a great retirement program, medical & dental insurance as well as life insurance. KU also offers educational opportunities for employees. KU is a great place to work!
Work Schedule is 7:30am-4pm Monday to Friday
Transports materials, supplies, and equipment to work sites. Moving of pianos, lab equipment, Geni Lift and scaffolding. Works from diagrams, job specifications or blue prints.
10% - Skilled Trades Assistance: Assists HVAC Technicians in performing seasonal maintenance on large chillers, rodding machines and changing end belts, using various hand tools, drills. Assists the Instrumentation Technicians, performing monthly fire alarm checks, documenting the information and reporting back to the Supervisor. Removes bulletin boards, chalkboards, and whiteboards.
10% - Equipment & Furniture Repair/Maintenance: Performs maintenance on equipment such as two wheelers, four wheelers, pallet jacks and lifts on the moving truck. Removes broken or obsolete furniture or equipment such as computers, desks, chairs, etc. Installs, repairs, and other maintains large tables, tablet arm chairs, table tops and desks. Repairs/assembles, office equipment and furniture such as file cabinets, desks, Herman Miller and other wall partitions, chairs and computer work stations, using hand/power tools. Delivery of janitorial supplies to all residence and scholarship halls. Delivery of filters, such as High Efficiency, to various buildings throughout campus, using preset maintenance schedule.
Work involves operation of light trucks, 17’ diesel crew cab box trucks and fork lifts.
5% - Miscellaneous Duties: Removes trash/recyclables from campus by collecting from trash receptacles. Repairs trash receptacles using and power tools. Removes snow and ice as well as surface treatment at assigned areas across campus. Cleans work sites and tools. Completes necessary paperwork associated with assigned projects.
5% - Perform other related work as assigned.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry and place moderately heavy loads frequently and heavy loads occasionally (75 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures – both hot and cold, inside and outdoors.
- Operate vehicles in transporting self and materials to job sites.
- Work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Must digitally enter work order information and perform other electronic communications as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Six months of experience in any trades area OR an associate's degree or vocational school certificate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by time of hire and maintain the license throughout employment.
- Experience in any or all of the following trades: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Paint, Carpentry, and Masonry.
- Experience working on a relocation or event set up team.
- Experience working in a university, college or other multi-building campus environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin Thursday, June 24 , 2021 and continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.