GIS Developer - Two Openings - 19749BR
GIS Developer - Two Openings
Kansas Geological Survey is a research and service division of the University of Kansas. The Kansas Geological Survey studies the geology of Kansas, develops new techniques for exploring and analyzing geologic data, and produces and disseminates maps, reports, and scientific papers. Technical support includes editing, publishing, and cartographic services and full-service support for a diverse array of computing platforms and software, GIS, and web applications. The KGS also houses and operates the Kansas Data Access and Support Center, an important source of state geospatial data. For more information about the KGS, visit our website: http://www.kgs.ku.edu.
- (50%) Develop, maintain, and implement automated procedures in support of the clearinghouse and other initiatives
- (20%) Coordinate and administer Kansas ArcGIS Online and Hub content
- (20%) Coordination & outreach:
- Support outreach efforts by attending meetings, conferences and giving presentations to promote DASC projects and services and the mission of the Kansas GIS Initiative.
- Provide end-user support and training.
- Support software distribution, user account management, and other aspects of the Kansas Esri Enterprise Agreement.
- (5%) Participate in system design, technical architecture development, and maintenance of technical platforms and applications.
- (5%) Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in computer science, geography, geology, earth science or related field.
- Five or more years of professional experience with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro suite of products and related extensions.
- Three or more years of professional experience with Python programming.
- Three or more years of professional experience developing and managing geospatial databases, including a working knowledge of ESRI's geodatabase and topology models.
- Three or more years of professional experience creating and publishing ESRI map services (e.g., map service, feature service, image service, etc.).
- Professional work experience with SQL databases (e.g., Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL), including a working knowledge of SQL.
- Three or more years of professional experience with the ArcGIS Online platform (e.g., map and feature services, Web Maps, Web Apps, Web App Builder, Story Maps, Operations Dashboard, Hub, Open Data).
- Strong communication skills. Written skills will be evaluated by quality of application materials and/or list of published materials. Oral communication skills will be assessed by the interview and through reference checks.
- Advanced degree in a geoscience, computer science, or two-years of equivalent work experience.
- Professional experience with ArcGIS Enterprise implementation and management including Portal for ArcGIS.
- Professional experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Professional experience developing or working with web services (e.g., REST, SOAP).
- Professional experience with cloud compute and storage platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- 911/NG911 MSAG, geoMSAG and 911 GIS data maintenance experience.
- Professional experience with Esri license management (Desktop, Enterprise, ArcGIS Online).
- Professional experience developing and presenting technical documentation and training materials.
Additional Candidate Instructions
1. Cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
3. Contact information for three professional references.
4. Unofficial college transcripts to determine education requirement.
Review begins August 30, 2021, and will continue until filled.