Graduate Assistant for Emerging Scholars Program - Hourly - 11567BR
Graduate Assistant for Emerging Scholars Program - Hourly
https://ugresearch.ku.edu/student/start/emerging-scholars. The graduate assistant will monitor student participation in Emerging Scholars and academic progress utilizing current KU systems (HR System, Advising Tool, Enroll & Pay, MySuccess, etc.). Depending on qualifications and availability, the graduate assistant may also be asked to lead program meetings and/or meet individually with Emerging Scholars.
- Monitor daily timesheets for Emerging Scholars and follow up as needed
- Utilize KU systems (Advising Tool, MySuccess, Enroll & Pay, and HR Pay) to monitor student engagement with the program and their academic progress. Communicate with Center staff and follow up with students as needed.
- Organize group meeting logistics
- Schedule individual meetings for Emerging Scholars and Center staff
- Prepare reports and emails detailing hours worked for each Emerging Scholar
- Email and/or call Emerging Scholars to follow up on meetings
- Communicate with Emerging Scholars Peer Mentors about student meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled as a KU graduate student in good standing. During the summer period, the graduate student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 credit hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 credit hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester or 5) be a doctoral candidate who has completed their comprehensive exams and received an exception to enroll in one credit hour.
- Demonstrated computer competency (Microsoft Office suite) and capacity to learn new software systems (Advising Tool, MySuccess, Enroll & Pay, and HR Pay).
- Strong attention to detail as evidenced through previous employment and/or experience and application materials.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written skills
- Experience working with a diverse group of people as evident through student or professional experience.
- Experience supporting low-income students as evident through student or professional experience
- Experience in a mentored research experience
Additional Candidate Instructions
Job posting will close on May 3, 2018 at midnight for review of applications beginning on May 4th, 2018.