Graduate Assistant Hourly – Managing Editor - 22248BR
Graduate Assistant Hourly – Managing Editor
- Working with the editor-in-chief to evaluate submitted manuscripts for suitability, identify external readers capable of assessing manuscripts, and deliberate on the acceptance or rejection of manuscripts;
- Working with the review editors to identify the most suitable scholars to review books received from publishers, ensure that reviews are produced in a timely manner, and correct review texts;
- Preparing article and review manuscripts for submission to the copy editor, managing the process of revisions for authors, and providing the final proof reading of each issue of the journal; and
- Receiving and organizing submissions, responding to general inquiries, communicating with authors and general editors.
- Graduate student in good standing in one of the following departments: History, Anthropology, English, American Studies, Art History, African and African-American Studies, Sociology, Political Science, or a foreign language/areas studies program.
- Basic understanding of recent cross-disciplinary approaches to “culture” through course work or research.
- Good communication and organizational skills as evidenced in the application documents.
- Reading knowledge of at least one foreign language.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
TBD at a later date and will be flexible and work around the students schedule.