Graduate Assistant - Office of Graduate Studies - 22841BR
Graduate Assistant - Office of Graduate Studies
- Work with the AVP and other OGS staff to develop and execute a communications plan for the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Coordinate content provided by others and develop original content for various communications streams, including Teams resource sites, websites, email, social media, newsletter, and annual report.
- Maintain one or more Teams sites dedicated to information sharing with various OGS constituencies.
- Assist with maintenance of the OGS staff/faculty-facing and student-facing websites, ensuring content is up-to-date and relevant.
- Coordinate the creation and delivery of Grad Astra, OGS’s faculty and staff newsletter, as well as an OGS annual report, to be delivered at the end of each fiscal year.
- Distribute priority email communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Create and distribute press releases and social media posts.
- Occasionally represent the Office of Graduate Studies at campus events and programs.
- Provide support for assessment-related work as assigned.
- Assume special projects and other duties as assigned.
- KU graduate student in good academic standing.
- Flexibility to work both in-person and remotely, according to the needs of the office
- Strong written communication skills, as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a diverse group of students, staff, and faculty as demonstrated by application materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Previous experience with communications work, including newsletters, websites, reports, and/or social media
- Experience with Drupal 8 or similar web management platform
- Experience with Microsoft Teams or similar collaboration platform
- Experience with presentation of information/training to small groups
- Familiarity with University offices, academic programs, and student organizations
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Application review will begin Friday, August 15th and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
20 hours per week, including summers