Graduate Assistant - 13134BR
Programming – 70%
- Oversees the planning and execution of all Jayhawk SOS programming. Including Wellness programs (preventive programs) and ‘Life Jacket’ pop-up sessions (recovery programs)
- Develops new programmatic initiatives for Jayhawk SOS
- Conducts assessment on Jayhawk SOS programming, presentations and tabling activities
- Supports the office with data entry projects
- Leads coordination of Jayhawk SOS overview presentations and tabling activities
- Maintains Social Media engagement, in collaboration with the Director
- Creates the Jayhawk SOS newsletter
- Manages the Jayhawk Collaborative Administrative Network (J-CAN) roster of campus and community partners
- Identifies and develops partnerships on campus and in the community
- Assists with special projects as determined by the director
- July/August - Mid-May for 20 hours per week. Specific dates will be determined with the individual supervisor.
- KU graduate student enrolled and in good academic standing, in Social Welfare, Community Health or related programs.
- Previous programming experience
- Willingness to support students in distress
- Demonstrated communication, presentation and organization skills
- Some weekends and evenings required
- Meet Graduate Assistant eligibility requirements found at: https://policy.ku.edu/graduate-studies/GA-appointment-eligibility
- Ability to create marketing materials
- Experience with grant/proposal writing
- Knowledge of social media platforms
Additional Candidate Instructions
To ensure consideration submit application by 11:59 pm on 11/26/2018. Application review begins 11/29/2018.