Graduate Research Assistant - 12224BR
Graduate Research Assistant
30% Monitor and report fidelity of data-driven decision making practices of participating programs, and problem-solve strategies to improve implementation in low-fidelity programs
30% Administer batteries of standardized child assessments in centers and homes, document and enter assessments into local database
10% Assist in preparing progress reports for funding agencies, and posters and papers to disseminate project findings
5% Participate in ongoing research meetings
2. Current enrollment in a graduate program at KU with a course of study in applied behavior science (ABS), special education, school psychology, or related academic field.
3. At least one year experience administering and scoring standardized early childhood assessments.
4. Effective written communication skills as evidenced in application materials and one sample written product (e.g., recent course paper, blog, first-author published paper, etc.)
2. At least one year of home visiting experience (e.g., parent/family support services, child assessment administration/scoring, etc.)
3. At least two years of experience working with office productivity software such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
4. At least two years of experience as an educator/direct service provider in center-based or home visiting early childhood education programs.
5. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently or with limited supervision.
6. Demonstrated ability to prioritize across several simultaneous projects, communicating recommendations on a regular basis to individuals from various backgrounds.
7. Strong oral communication skills as determined through interview process and reference checks.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check. Continuation is dependent on satisfactory yearly evaluation and funding.
Selected candidates must successfully pass a background check.