Graduate Research Assistant - 20969BR
Graduate Research Assistant
We are seeking one Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) to work 50% FTE (20 hours per week) through August, 2022. The GRA will work on the project under the guidance of the Project Co-Principal Investigators and the Project Coordinator. The GRA will attend regular project meetings and will be responsible for assisting the Leadership Team and Work Groups in developing associated deliverables from research and assisting with translation and dissemination of findings for diverse audiences including researchers, teachers, parents, and policymakers. The GRA will also assist with BWG-related intervention studies and assist with the completion of project-specific tasks including maintaining the project website and creating the bi-monthly network newsletter.
The GRA will be expected to work independently with guidance from the Project Co-Principal Investigators and the Project Coordinator. The GRA will be expected to have a background in early education, speech/language pathology, applied behavior science, social work or a related field, and knowledge about interventions for supporting children’s language growth aimed at parents, teachers, child-care providers, and/or community-implementers. Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. This position may be a hybrid of on-site work and telework as deemed by supervisor.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check.
Continuation is dependent on yearly funding and satisfactory annual evaluation.
The position is located in Kansas City, Kansas in the Children’s Campus of Kansas City Building, 444 Minnesota Ave, Suite 300, Kansas City KS 66101.
This position will be a hybrid of on-site work and telework as deemed by supervisor.
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
15% Assist Co-PIs, Coordinator, and Leadership Team in preparation and dissemination of project information through traditional academic journals, research briefs, newsletters, and webinars.
5% Assist the Co-PIs and Coordinator with completing the overall network activities including work plans and deliverables for all work groups.
- Current enrollment in 6+ hours in KU graduate program in Early Childhood Special Education, Speech-Language Pathology, School Psychology, Child Psychology, Social Work, Psychology, or related field, as shown in application materials.
- Excellent organizational skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Two-year minimum computer word-processing data-base knowledge, as demonstrated in application materials.
- Research project must complement student’s studies, as demonstrated in application materials.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills as evidenced by application materials, interview performance and references.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, School Psychology, Child Psychology, Early Childhood Special Education, Psychology, or related field.
- Experience working on a research team related to early intervention or early childhood development
- Minimum one year of teaching or providing direct services to young children or their families
- Experience disseminating research to practitioners and policy makers.
- Experience with maintaining websites
- Coursework in research design
- Experience developing newsletters and Powerpoint presentations
- Experience working with diverse people in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently and attend to details as demonstrated in work experience.
- Experience creating newsletters and social media campaigns
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin January 6, 2022 and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified.
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 hourly, $720.00--$800.00 biweekly, commensurate with education and experience. Eligible candidate to receive Spring 2022 tuition sponsorship.
Contact Information to Applicants
Please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check.
Advertised Salary Range