Graduate Research Assistant - 22373BR
Graduate Research Assistant
We are seeking a GRA to work .50% FTE (20 hours per week), with guidance from the project Principal and Co-Investigators. Responsibilities will include assistance with ensuring transcription accuracy, data coding, data analysis, and attending regular meetings with primary investigator and report progress on assigned tasks.
This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with a team of professionals. Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check.
*Please note that this summer appointment will not be eligible for tuition sponsorship.
- Assist in data coding and analysis and perform inter-coding reliability checks (50%).
- Assist in data transcription of interviews conducted with families and professionals/educators (30%).
- Attend in transcription and coding trainings, review transcription- and coding-related materials and perform pilot data transcription and coding (10%).
- Attend weekly research project meetings (10%).
- Current enrollment in a graduate program with a course of study in speech language pathology, psychology, special education, applied behavioral sciences, or related field during the academic year.
- 6 months' experience working with preschool or early elementary school-age children in school, home, or community programs.
- Fluent in the use of Excel, office productivity applications and cloud-based applications such as Google Docs and OneDrive.
- Effective organization skills as evidenced by application materials and the interview process.
- Strong communication skills as determined through interview process and reference checks.
- Experience working with families of preschoolers in early intervention programs.
- Coursework in child development and/or research methods in speech language pathology, psychology, special education, applied behavioral sciences, or related field.
- Experience with the conduct of qualitative research projects.
- Experience with data management systems such as REDCap or Qualtrics
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on 06/05/2022 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the background check. Continuation is dependent on satisfactory yearly evaluation and funding.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Varies, up to 20 hrs per week