Graduate Research Development Specialist - 11769BR
Graduate Research Development Specialist
Graduate Assistants are hourly graduate student employees who hold a 9 to12 month position in the HGDO at the Hall Center for the Humanities. Summer employment and annual reappointment are contingent on performance and available funding. Salary: $18.93 per hour for 20 hours of work
- KU graduate enrollment: To qualify, applicants must be accepted into a KU doctoral program and enrolled in at least six credit hours during the fall/spring semesters; or, after successful completion of the doctoral comprehensive examination and all other Graduate Studies and departmental requirements for candidacy to the doctoral degree and completing eighteen post-comprehensive credit hours, must be enrolled in at least one dissertation, thesis, or equivalent credit hour at KU.
- Ability to work 20 hours per week in 5-to-6 hour daily increments between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday as indicated in application materials.
- Application materials demonstrate exceptional written communication and editing skills.
- Application materials indicate work experience requiring competent computer expertise, specifically with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and online applications.
- Teaching experience as stated in application materials.
- KU ABD graduate student in a humanities or humanities-relate discipline.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively.
- Application materials indicate experience in grant/fellowship proposal development.
- Application materials indicate experience using Macintosh and the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as database and web browser applications.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Online application is required. To apply, fill out the online form and upload all required materials, including:
1. Cover letter indicating your interest and describing your qualifications.
2. Full CV, including the names and contact information for three references.
3. A short writing sample (no more than 3 pages).
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application review has been extended to June 25, 2018 and will continue until an applicant pool has been identified.
Estimated start date is: July 16, 2018.