Graduate Student Hourly - Teaching Assistant - 22575BR
Graduate Student Hourly - Teaching Assistant
65% Critiques, evaluates, and provides feedback on assignments (includes resume, reflections, mock interview, occupational research worksheet, and more
20% Responds to student email inquiries in a timely manner
10% Coordinates with instructor regarding course feedback, troubleshooting, etc.
5% Responds to student message board discussions in Blackboard on resume and interviewing best practices
- Must be available during the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semester as indicated in application materials (hours are flexible).
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills as evidenced in application materials.
- Ability to work independently as evidenced in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Graduate student in the Educational Psychology master's or doctoral degree program, the Higher
- Education Administration master's or doctoral degree program, or related program area for the
- 2022-2023 academic year.
- Potentially available to continue in role for 2023-2024 academic year, if mutually agreeable to student and supervisor
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
- familiarity with student-centered career and job search pursuits
- resume design and/or job search strategies
- a counseling or career services setting
- Experience with PC programs, Microsoft Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Canvas.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The review of applications begins at midnight on August 4, 2022 and will continue until an applicant pool has been identified.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
8 hours per week