HVAC Technician Senior - 22592BR
HVAC Technician Senior
KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 8 hours of sick leave earned each month, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities. This position requires the operation of work issued vehicles.
Work Schedule is 7:30am-4pm Monday to Friday. Facilities Maintenance also offers a flexible work schedule option, 4-day work week 10-hour days, Monday to Thursday, or Tuesday to Friday.
- Inspects, monitors, diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs, and provides maintenance on all industrial and commercial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration/chiller equipment and associated plumbing, electrical, mechanical and energy management control systems independently or with limited supervision.
- Reviews heat and cooling requirements; compares and recommends modifications to achieve optimal system effectiveness and efficiency of the system.
- Participate in new equipment installations. Research and develop procedures and documentation.
- Document and outline procedures for use of appropriate hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical troubleshooting skills as needed.
- Works with impacted customers as needed to resolve heating and cooling related issues.
- Provides training and mentorship to junior level technicians and interns.
- Conducts professional development as needed on new systems and/or controls.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry and place moderately heavy loads frequently and heavy loads occasionally (50 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures – both hot and cold, inside and outdoors.
- Work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Must digitally enter work order information and perform other electronic communications as required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Five years of industrial or commercial HVAC experience. An associate degree or Vocational School Certification may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- EPA CFC Certification for refrigerants.
- Demonstrated experience in repair and troubleshooting in 3 phase voltages.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and maintain the license throughout employment.
- Experience in low pressure refrigeration repairs and troubleshooting.
- Experience in developing and conducting training and/or mentoring.
- Experience maintaining equipment inventory and documenting activities.
- Experience working in a university, college, or other multi-building campus environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.