HVAC Technician - 11536BR
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career look no farther than the University of Kansas.
In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 72 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a great place to work!
30% - Equipment: Installs, repairs, remodels or replaces pneumatic, electronic, or mechanical devices. Checks pressure and other readings at the air handling unit to compare and confirm them with control center information. Checks, adjusts, repairs or replaces spring tensions and pilot positioners. Checks log distance air flow and other temperature transmission and pressure signals. Tests circuits through the use of oscilloscopes, test gauges, volt and ohmmeters. Calibrates thermostats. Adjusts and aligns pneumatic transmitters.
5% - Related: Maintains inventory and orders from supervisor or otherwise obtains necessary tools, equipment and materials to complete work. Completes necessary paperwork associated with jobs and reports work status to supervisor. Answers trouble calls during and after work hours. Cleans work sites, tools and equipment. Trains, instructs and on-site supervises others as assigned. Assists with snow removal and surface treatment.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of HVAC experience in a commercial or industrial setting. Associate’s degree or vocational school certification may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- EPA CFC (chlorofluorocarbons) Certification for refrigerants required. (Refrigerant transition and recovery certification program)
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire.
- Reach, grasp, hold, lift and manipulate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures.
- Lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50 lbs) occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Operate vehicles in transporting self and materials to job sites.
- Work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Ability to perform electronics related work on computer driven building control systems.
- Demonstrated experience in leading others in performing refrigeration/air-conditioning installation, repair and maintenance work.
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
- Experience working with HVAC systems in large multi-storied institutional or residential buildings.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete the online application at http://employment.ku.edu/staff/11536BR, include a resume/cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications including the names and contact information to three references.