HVAC Technician - 22167BR
30% - Answers trouble calls for requested repairs on HVAC equipment such as leaks, defects, condensers, and compressors. Treats condensing water with proper chemicals, as necessary. Operates applicable testing equipment.
15% - Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles air-conditioners, compressors, chillers, etc. Maintains inventory of items used in repair and maintenance work. Keeps records and maintains operating file on machine information as needed for proper service and maintenance.
15% - Installs and monitors refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment according to building design specification, blueprints, and schematic diagrams, Cuts, bends, welds, etc., to connect tubing and refrigerant lines. Installs and maintains electronic controls, installs, and maintains pneumatic controls. Checks OHMS, amperage, and voltages on equipment. Lays out piping systems for air-conditioning equipment systems.
10% - Occasionally acts as lead worker to others on a project-by-project basis. Completes necessary paperwork for project time accounting and other needs. Informs supervisor of status of work in process and on completion. Transports materials, tools and supplies to work sites. Cleans tools and work sites. Performs other related work as assigned.
- Reach, grasp, lift, carry and place moderately heavy loads frequently and heavy loads occasionally (75 lbs) with or without accommodation.
- Perform work above normal heights, in confined spaces, and in extreme temperatures – both hot and cold, inside and outdoors.
- Work overtime and respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Report to work during declared periods of inclement weather.
- Must enter work order information digitally and perform other electronic communications as required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- 2 years of experience in refrigeration/air condition installation and repair work. A certificate of completion from a vocational school or an Associate degree in this trade area may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Must have EPA CFC Certification for refrigerants.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by the time of hire and maintain the license throughout employment.
- 3 years or more of experience in refrigeration/air condition/refrigeration equipment, DX residential air conditioning units, DX commercial air conditioning units and small chiller systems 100 tons and smaller, installation and repair work.
- Experience working in a college or university setting
- Experience working with HVAC systems in large multi-storied institutional or residential buildings.
- Electrical experience including a working knowledgeable of the National Electric Code
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Resume addressing how you meet the required qualifications
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information to three references