**INTERNAL ONLY** Lead Custodian (10:30pm - 7am) - 22160BR
**INTERNAL ONLY** Lead Custodian (10:30pm - 7am)
Entrances, exteriors, elevators, etc.: On a variety of resilient surfaces, dust mops, scrubs, and burnishes with a variety of specialized equipment. Wet mops spots and stains on tiles areas and floor mats. Spot cleans walls, doors, carpets, jams and kickplates. Washes windows and rails. Dusts and polishes surfaces. Cleans fire extinguisher cases. Cleans display cases, telephones, drinking fountains, etc. Cleans exterior entranceways up to several times daily. Cleans snow and ice. Checks and maintains exterior dock areas, handicap access ramps and equipment elevator cabs and doors, etc. Private Living Areas: Prepares empty student rooms for occupants by cleaning and polishing furniture; washing walls, windows, and blinds; cleaning closets, drawers, cabinets, and light fixtures; cleaning and maintaining floor surfaces. Prepares beds by stripping, cleaning, and replacing mattresses as directed. Moves and/or arranges furniture to standard floor plan.
15% - Lead Custodian: The Lead Custodian will provide direction to other employees while performing the same general type and kind of duties. Responsibilities for this position include training and supporting group/team members and helping to ensure that all established quality standards are met. The Lead Custodian will reinforce workflow for the staff and actively participate in the completion of scheduled tasks. All tasks will be completed in a timely, efficient, and safe manner. Lead and work directly with custodial staff assigned to clean & sanitize facilities in an assigned area. Lead custodial project and floor care teams. Instruct and/or train workers as necessary in the use of materials, equipment, methods, procedures, and safety regulations. Assist supervisors conduct yearly targeted training workshops. Assist employees with computer tasks. Participates in training sessions and in-service classes or workshops.
10% - Supplies, chemicals, and equipment maintenance: Help assure availability of necessary tools, materials and equipment and provide for proper storage. Maintain equipment inventory. Follows safety policies regarding use of supplies, tools, and equipment. Maintain records of equipment. Ensure supply rooms are kept neat and tidy. Take supply inventory. Equipment used ranges from hand tools to more advanced high-speed and semi-automatic cleaning equipment. Performs daily required maintenance on a variety of tools and equipment. Maintains clean, organized, and stocked supply carts/closets, etc. Reports equipment repair and maintenance needs/concerns to supervisor. Mixes caustic and/or toxic chemicals to MSDS specifications to avoid improper use or exposure to self or others. Includes cleaning storage and operation areas.
5% - Other assigned tasks: Performs other duties related to cleaning or maintenance as assigned including working at similar tasks in another facility to cover for absent staff or extra staffing needs. Moves equipment and supplies in and out of campus buildings as directed to clean. Assists with snow removal and surface treatment. May write work orders, estimates of time and materials needed. Inform supervisor regarding work progress and operational problems. Notify supervisor of employee performance and conduct.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds frequently and the ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Ability to bend, stoop and/or kneel frequently.
- Physical strength sufficient to stand the strain of working long hours at custodial tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness and ability to work under a variety of extreme temperature and weather.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years custodial work that involves hands on cleaning.
- One year of custodial work that involves floor care, to include scrubbing, stripping, and waxing hard surface floors. Also, to include experience in carpet cleaning involving the use of carpet shampooing/extracting equipment.
- Valid driver’s license by the time of hire and throughout employment.
- Custodial experience in large residential or commercial buildings.
- Advanced training in custodial and high-volume cleaning operations.
- Experience interacting with customers and/or the public.
- Leadership experience and/or training.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application deadline is Wednesday May 18th.