IT Engineer Senior - 22885BR
IT Engineer Senior
The mission of the ITES Microsoft team is to provide operational oversight to the enterprise systems supporting the goals of the University. This includes but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server operating system; Microsoft enterprise applications including Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, Skype for Business, Certificate Services, Microsoft Exchange, and System Center Configuration Manager; non-Microsoft applications including Readibots (Cloudbridge), Splunk, Zenoss, and Poly Resource Manager; and telephony devices including Sonus session border controllers. The team is responsible for the University’s Microsoft Cloud environment including Microsoft Azure, Azure Active Directory, Azure Security Center, Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft 365 applications. The team participates in the design, implementation, and support of the automated provisioning of users, groups, file shares, and systems using scripting languages including but not limited to PowerShell; and automation platforms including Azure Automation and AWX. The team participates in data center automation using infrastructure-as-code tools including Ansible, HashiCorp Terraform and Vault; and elements of disaster recovery and business continuity. The team fosters a dynamic and creative environment which focuses on providing the best IT services and customer experience for faculty, staff, and researchers.
- Deploy, configure, and administer operating system software, enterprise applications, enterprise networks and other IT infrastructure using manual and automated (DevOps) processes
- Lead and perform troubleshooting, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Assist security engineers in identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures through continuous vulnerability assessment and risk management methods
- Create and maintain technical documentation of business processes and workflows
- Develop software code used to deploy operating systems, applications, networks, and other IT infrastructure
- Maintain software code using Git for code version and source control
- Review, verify, and validate software code developed by peers and colleagues
- Design and deploy development, testing, automation, and quality assurance tools and applications
- Develop practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrate them to peers and colleagues
- Assist IT architects in the analysis of the current technology utilized within the team and organization and assist in the development of steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues in efforts to continually improve processes within the organization
- Participate as a subject matter expert on project teams that consult with users, functional teams, and other stakeholders to develop and deploy IT solutions and products
- Perform knowledge transfer of concepts to peers and colleagues
- Serve as the first point of contact for Microsoft-based enterprise systems and the supporting components
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties
- This position is authorized to provision and deprovision user accounts and access in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties
- This position is authorized to manage, provision, and deprovision IT assets in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties
- High school diploma/GED and seven years' relevant professional experience or an Associate's degree and five years' relevant professional experience or a Bachelor's degree and three years' relevant professional experience
- Three years' experience in writing code using PowerShell or similar data center focused scripting languages.
- Three years' experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy, or similar Windows-based configuration management tool.
- Three years' experience using Visual Studio Code or similar code development tool.
- Three years' experience using Git or similar code version and source control tool.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Three years' experience working in a collaborative team environment of two or more people.
- Five years' work experience administrating Microsoft Active Directory in a large academic or corporate IT environment demonstrating high levels of responsibility and complexity.
- Three years' experience supporting a Microsoft enterprise application such as Exchange, SharePoint or Skype for Business.
- Three years' experience managing systems deployed to Microsoft Azure or similar cloud environment.
- Three years' experience working with VMware or similar virtualization environment.
- Ability to work independently on complex issues/projects.
- Ability to articulate the value of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the workplace.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application review will begin Monday, August 15th, 2022 and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.