IT Security Specialist - 11559BR
IT Security Specialist
* Manage and operate security controls such as firewalls, IPS, antivirus, proxies and vulnerability
* Assist customers with technical issues related to IT security
* Resolve or escalate issues and customer inquiries related to security functions
* Monitor security landscape for issues relevant to the KU environment
* Under moderate supervision, participate in Security Incident Response and Digital Forensics
* Participate in researching and testing new security tools, techniques and tactics
10% - Other duties as assigned
* This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
* This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
* This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
* This position is authorized to configure, manage, and monitor network traffic in the performance of job duties.
* This position is authorized to test security controls and operate security tools on KU systems.
2. Experience troubleshooting Windows or Linux
2. Recognized certification in an information technology field
3. Experience writing or testing network firewall rules
4. Experience supporting or maintaining Active Directory
5. Experience with programming or scripting languages, especially PowerShell
6. Experience troubleshooting Linux
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications has been extended to April 27th, 2018.