IT Support Coordinator - 21777BR
IT Support Coordinator
KU is not able to provide H-1B sponsorship for this position.
The IT Technology Coordinator position is assigned to a KU IT Technology Support Center (TSC) and is responsible for managing the technicians and activities related to solving technical issues of customers and fulfilling technology services offered by the TSC. As a functional supervisory role, this position is expected to prioritize support requests while documenting the needs and support provided, and to actively resolve client requests by interpreting and troubleshooting complex issues. Serves as the first point of escalation for troubleshooting of workstations, hardware / software, and / or printer problems. The position assists end users associated with the TSC via phone, email, chat, video, and in person with a wide range of questions, problems, and requests related to office, classroom, and remote technology, enterprise IT resources, desktop software, hardware, peripherals, network issues, and application issues on a variety of different platforms including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
This position will provide considerable focus and effort in client consulting services in support of the Edwards Campus Events Management Group. Additional administrative TSC responsibilities include tasks associated with asset management, procurement, reporting, planning, and scheduling.
- Provides pre-event support to groups utilizing space & technology on the Edwards Campus through phone, video conference, email, and on-site technical consultation.
- Serves as liaison between Edwards Events Management Group and Edwards TSC and participates in pre-event planning meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate technical support resources are allocated to planned events and support instructions are available, clear, and thorough.
- Develops innovative approaches to improve client service efficiency.
- Provides design and consultation on future AV and instructional technology implementation.
- Work with TSC Manager to supervise technical support team and provide leadership, function, technical direction, and training.
- Assign, organize, and prioritize projects for the technical support team.
- Ensures continuity, communication, & engagement between daytime, evening, & weekend shifts.
- Approves timesheets & work schedules / leaves.
- Monitors performance of Tier 1 & 2 staff and conducts annual performance evaluations.
- Identifies professional development needs and provides training opportunities for technical support staff.
- Develop and provide Key Performance Index (KPI) and Business Process Improvement (BPI) to encourage performance improvement, effectiveness and efficiency. Key elements of the performance metrics should address are Quality of Services, Customer Satisfaction, Timely Delivery, Cycle Time Reduction, Fulfilling Commitments and Alignment with KU IT Organization Mission.
- Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products.
- Provide general technical support via phone, email, chat, video, and in person.
- Identify if the technical issue can be quickly resolved or if it needs to be escalated to / researched by a higher-level KU IT technical support unit.
- Continuously look to improve current support and business processes through these interactions.
- Support of computer equipment utilized by campus stakeholders in classrooms, labs, offices, and meeting spaces.
- Preparation of spaces prior to use to ensure requested technology is available and working when requested for classes, meetings, or events.
- As required, general support of AV systems utilized by the TSC in a mix of classrooms, labs, offices, and meeting spaces.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for labs, faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Tests to isolate the source of issues.
- Create and document trouble tickets as indicated by the workflow.
- Create and update procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Develop broad and in-depth knowledge of software and hardware unique to the TSC.
- Install and upgrade new computer equipment including imaging of new computers.
- Maintain and configure technology resources, including hardware, software, and systems.
- Technical administration of Windows, macOS, and Linux based operating systems.
- Ensure customer requirements are met through first contact resolutions with excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Confirm customer understanding of solutions and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Consult effectively with TSC customers to determine departmental needs and contribute to technology planning.
- Provide replacement schedules, quotes, and procurement of equipment for supported departments.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to manage, provision, and deprovision IT assets in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- High school diploma/GED and four years relevant professional experience or an Associate's degree and two years of relevant professional experience or a Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of professional experience supporting Microsoft Windows systems and Mac OS systems in an academic or corporate environment.
- Two years of experience providing customer service in an academic or corporate environment.
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Demonstrated experience with basic troubleshooting in network management in an enterprise network.
- Bachelor's degree, technical college certificate, or higher degree in a technology related field.
- Experience providing technical support and excellent customer service in an academic environment to a diverse campus population.
- Experience providing general audio-visual systems support.
- Experience with imaging software.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM, now MECM).
- Experience wiht enterprise-level Apple product management software (JAMF).
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN principles and protocols.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of KU Information Technology processes and policies.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin Monday, April 11, 2022 and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.