IT Technology Manager - 11392BR
IT Technology Manager
Managing on-going maintenance and support of existing systems
Collecting, understanding, and document business functional requirements
Planning and supervising activities and resources throughout the development life cycle
Reviewing the work by the project team to ensure quality of deliverables and that they comply with relevant standards, integration and testing. Builds a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
Collaborating and coordinating across IT departments to develop and execute the technology components required to successfully deliver projects.
Evaluating products, tools, and other resources in support of initiatives and staff efficiency.
Assist management in prioritizing projects, including new projects and enhancements.
30% - Participates as an active developer and maintains applications independently or as a member of a small team. Reviews work/code generated by the project team to ensure quality of the deliverables and that they meet relevant standards and architecture including building a team culture of code walk through to facilitate knowledge transfer.
15% - Manages a team of 5-8 developers including performance agreements and evaluations, hiring procedures, training and necessary tools, approving time records, and disciplinary actions if necessary. Other supervisory responsibilities include:
Sets goals and objectives for direct reports
Delegates projects and tasks to team members
Provides an environment and culture that encourages innovation and productivity
Emphasizes ongoing development of staff technical and professional skills
10% - Facilitates planning, analysis, and design sessions to develop project plans and estimates.
5% - Communicates frequently with the Department Manager and Program Director to facilitate planning and prioritization efforts.
5% - Coordinates system changes adhering to and promoting standard practices and protocols (Change Management).
5% - Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years supervisory experience with programming/development staff.
- Two years experience with project management methodology and software development life cycle.
- Three years minimum experience with each of the following:
- Supporting and maintaining large applications with multiple modules
- Application development using Java or C++, or C# (preference for Java)
- SQL syntax for database queries
- Web-based application development
- Development and maintenance of database focused applications
- Three years experience working, communicating and collaborating effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
2. Current knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following:
- Development using Perl, PHP, C or other object-oriented languages
- XML enabled applications
- Object-oriented programming techniques
- RDMS experience, preferably Oracle
- CVS or other version control systems
- Middleware technologies including application servers, directory services, and authentication/authorization
4. Experience producing technical documentation.
5. Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Posting has been extended with a revised deadline for applications of April 27th, 2018.