Student Hourly - Data Entry Assistant
Department: Kansas Geological Survey
Position Title: Student Hourly
Working Title: Student Hourly - Data Entry Assistant
Position Number: 00071608
1. Sort and organize records, compare with existing collections and incorporate appropriate records.
2. Enter data and scan records, proof data and scans.
3. File records.
4. Communicate effectively with supervisors, customers and staff.
5. Provide back-up clerical assistance in Data Resources Library on occasion: answer phone, assist staff and public in locating data and re-filing returned materials.
6. Other duties as directed.
1. KU student, meeting the minimum 6 hour enrollment requirement during the academic year for employment. Available to work through the summer 2014, at a minimum.
2. Available to interact effectively with the staff/public and communicate clearly, as evidenced from application material and references.
3. Knowledge of standard basic office practices and procedures.
1. Ability to push rolling bookcase in confined area, climb step ladder, lift 30 pounds and occasionally lift and move 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Ability to work in storage areas, capable of working with old documents which may be dusty, musty, or moldy, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Experience with filing, word processing, computer, other office machines and telephone.
2. Familiarity with or previous work experience with records filed by legal land description (section, township, range).
3. Familiarity with water well industry and/or oil production operations.
4. Coursework in geology or geography and/or experience in petroleum industry.
5. Keyboard input at 50 WPM.
6. Available 20 hours per week during academic year, including breaks and 40 hours per week during summer. Hours must be worked during business hours, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Salary Range: $8.63/hour
FTE: 20 hours per week
Contact Information for Applicants: Annette Delaney, email@example.com, 785-864-2152
Application Deadline Date: 8/26/2013
Estimated Start Date: 9/16/2013
Specific Application Instructions for this Position: In addition to the complete online application, an attached resume is required. Please provide professional references. A cover letter is welcome but not required.
Conditions of Employment
Students holding student hourly appointments must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications should include all relevant work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume or curriculum vitae (CV). We strongly encourage applicants to have their cover letter and resume/CV as one document when applying for positions at the University of Kansas. Once you have completed the application form, you will have the opportunity to attach other documentation in the "My Career Tools" page of the Careers Homepage.
***When completing the application, please make sure to hit NEXT on the right side of each page until it is no longer available before hitting SUBMIT. Once you hit the SUBMIT button you can make no further changes to the application.
Please click the "Apply Now" link on this job posting to proceed with the online application. If you have any questions during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 864-4946.
The University of Kansas - Lawrence, University of Kansas Medical Center, the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and its affiliated locations are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing the application form or in interviewing. Please notify Human Resources at (785) 864-4946 in advance so necessary arrangements can be made.