Student Hourly - Purchasing Assistant
Department: Kansas Geological Survey
Position Title: Student Hourly
Working Title: Student Hourly – Purchasing Assistant
Position Number: 00008338
Position Overview/Job Duties:
- Provide assistance and consultation to KGS staff preparing travel expense reports
- Process check requests in KU Procure to Pay (KUPPS) system and enter payment requests in KU PeopleSoft Financial System (automotive p-card and travel modules).
- Assist in database management of departmental (building key records) and purchasing (sensitive equipment inventory, vendor records, and bid files) activities.
- Assist with tagging and locating KGS inventory items.
- Assist with retention and maintenance of business records. Run Excel reports and draft summaries.
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements.
- Make occasional courier deliveries on campus and occasional deliveries of KGS vehicles to dealerships for service.
- Provide additional support as assigned.
1. Must meet KU minimum 6 hour enrollment requirement for employment.
2. Demonstrated effective ability in utilizing PC technology using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word on Windows based PC.
3. Good command of English language with proficiency in grammar.
4. Detail oriented as demonstrated in application submission and skill in filing.
5. Available to work in 2-4 hour blocks of time within office hours 8AM-12noon and 1PM-5PM Monday through Friday and able to work during some school breaks and through summer.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow general instructions.
Position Requirements: Valid Kansas driver’s license.
1. Experience working in an office performing administrative/accounting duties.
2. Knowledge of People Soft software.
3. Experience with KU KUPPS ordering system.
4. Business and/or business related course work.
5. Experience with copying and scanning documents.
Salary Range: $8.63/hour
FTE: 20 - 30 hours per week
Contact Information for Applicants: Annette Delaney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-864-2152
Application Deadline Date:
Estimated Start Date: 10/28/2013
Specific Application Instructions for this Position: In addition to completion of the online application, an attached resume is required. A cover letter is welcome, but not required. Please provided work references.
Conditions of Employment
Students holding student hourly appointments must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications should include all relevant work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume or curriculum vitae (CV). We strongly encourage applicants to have their cover letter and resume/CV as one document when applying for positions at the University of Kansas. Once you have completed the application form, you will have the opportunity to attach other documentation in the "My Career Tools" page of the Careers Homepage.
***When completing the application, please make sure to hit NEXT on the right side of each page until it is no longer available before hitting SUBMIT. Once you hit the SUBMIT button you can make no further changes to the application.
Please click the "Apply Now" link on this job posting to proceed with the online application. If you have any questions during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or (785) 864-4946.
The University of Kansas - Lawrence, University of Kansas Medical Center, the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and its affiliated locations are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing the application form or in interviewing. Please notify Human Resources at (785) 864-4946 in advance so necessary arrangements can be made.