The preferred start date is August 15, 2023, with the exact date negotiable. This is a 1-year appointment with possible reappointment based on performance and funding availability.
- Research and develop new AI/ML concepts, algorithms, and functionality.
- Prepare and present updates on research projects.
- Present findings in seminars and conferences.
- Assist in preparation of research reports.
- Participate in group meetings.
20% - Supervision/Mentorship
- Supervise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students in the lab.
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering with 2 or more years of research experience in AI/ML and robotics.
- An established record of scholarship in state-of-the-art AI/ML techniques, as evidenced in impactful publications, awards, presentations, books, patents, and experience.
- Experience in developing and applying AI/ML algorithms, preferably in Autonomous vehicle control, enabling computers to help humans with complex control tasks and self-learning systems.
- A well-defined and promising vision for an externally-funded research program.
- Experience in proposal writing and funded research as demonstrated in the application materials and during the interview process.
- Effective communication skills as demonstrated in the application materials and during the interview process.
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Experience in applying AI/ML in Aerospace systems.
- Previous experience in writing research proposals.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications will begin July 10th and continue until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.