POOL - Student Technical Crew
Positions available on the Student Technical Crew for the Lied Center, which is a presenting venue on West Campus. The Lied Center is host to professional music, dance and theatrical tours, University ensembles and organizations, and Community events. Members of the Student Technical Crew are responsible for assisting with the set-up, running and tear-down of Lied Center events. Students will be asked to hang and focus lights, change lamps, repair cables, run lighting consoles, move curtains, load and unload counterweight arbors, set-up and strike acoustical shell and large music ensembles, set up and run audio systems, set up and run cameras, run video projections, lay dance floor, sweep, mop, launder & press costumes, clean up production areas as needed and help repair, maintain all equipment and otherwise support the technical aspects of the facility with the supervision of full-time technical staff. Training provided.
- Students will work as part of a team (50+ crew) and be expected to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to adhere to an online-based scheduling system.
- Must be able to follow directions diligently.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, timely and consistent manner using email correspondence.
- Must have a flexible schedule and work well with others.
- Enrollment in at least six (6) credit hours at the University of Kansas.
- 2 two-hour blocks of time available during weekdays, not including noon - 1pm.
- Experience in concert, theatre, or video production
- Working knowledge of stagecraft with relevant background (ex: fly crew, sound, electrician, carpenter, prop handler, costumes, camera operator, etc.)
- 2 three-hour blocks of time available during weekdays, not including noon - 1pm.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please attach a cover letter and resume that address the qualifications including any experience in technical theatre. Include contact information for at least 3 references. Applicants must apply online to be considered and complete the online availability schedule.
Contact Information to Applicants
Associate Tech. Director
Advertised Salary Range
based around class schedule.
Anticipated Start Date
Monday May 1, 2023