The University of Kansas Student Senate is the primary advocate for students on campus. As one of higher education's finest models of self-governance, 110 senators and 11 executive staff members work together to allocate about $25 million in student fees in ways that best serve students. Student Senate also represents the KU student voice within University, State, and National Governance, working to address and develop policy in students' best interests.
Coordinator of Staff responsibilities:
- The Coordinator of Staff shall serve as the Chair of the Student Executive Council.
- The Coordinator of Staff shall act as a liaison between the Cabinet and the Student Councils or ad hoc committees of the Student Senate and shall be responsible for monitoring these entities.
- The Coordinator of Staff shall be responsible for enforcement of the Office Policy Manual and the Cabinet accountability system proposed by the Student Body President in consultation with the Student Body Vice President and Chief of Staff. This shall be supervised by the Student Body Vice President.
- The Coordinator of Staff, under supervision of the Student Body President and Student Body Vice President, shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations and execution of responsibilities of the Cabinet.
- The Coordinator of Staff shall ensure that all members of the Cabinet undergo and complete diversity education and social justice training through the Office of Multicultural Affairs, SAFEZONE Training through the Center for Sexuality & Gender Diversity, and SAPEC Training no later than the third Student Senate cycle after they are approved by the Student’s Assembly.
- Be responsible for other tasks as may be assigned by the Student Senate Constitution, the Student Body President, the Student Executive Council, or the Student’s Assembly.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at KU.
- Must have at least one year of Student Senate experience.
- Available on Wednesday nights from 5pm-10pm for Student Senate meetings.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete application includes:
- Completion of online application
- Must include resume and PowerPoint presentation explaining what you are looking to accomplish through the role.
- Resume should include any skills, qualifications, and/or experiences that would be applicable to this position.
Contact Information to Applicants
Madison Orrange, Student Senate Coordinator, Student Involvement and Leadership Center
Advertised Salary Range
This position will be approximately 20 hours per week (10 hours per week during summer and winter break)
Anticipated Start Date
Monday August 21, 2023