KU Fit Instructor-Student Hourly/Work Study POOL - 19317BR
KU Fit Instructor-Student Hourly/Work Study POOL
- Developing, leading and instructing participants through group fitness sessions to include a proper warm up, cardio/strength workout, and cool down.
- Preparing class choreography & plans in advance.
- Recording participation numbers.
- Implementing risk management procedures when necessary.
- Assisting with good housekeeping by keeping studio, equipment, and equipment closets tidy.
- Accurately completing payroll clock in/out.
- Assisting with special events and contract classes.
- Accurately documenting and completing payroll by the Sunday prior to pay date.
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification.
- Participation in CPR/AED drills.
- Substituting when able.
- Finding substitute instructor when unable to teach.
- Attending monthly meetings.
- Constantly communicating via email, Group Me App, or text.
- Promptly alerting supervisor with any concerns, questions, broken/malfunctioning equipment, program concerns and personal issues.
- Must be enrolled in 6 credit hours at KU during fall/spring. For summer employment, must be enrolled
in summer session, been a student in the previous Spring semester or enrolled in upcoming Fall
- Possess current CPR/AED certification, or willing to obtain within 4 weeks of employment.
- Either completion of ACE Group Exercise Instructor Course taught through KU Recreation Services and Professional fitness certification will be required 6- Months from hire date. Or Nationally recognized organizations such as ACE, AFAA, ACSM, Yoga Fit etc. accepted.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience as a group exercise instructor.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Work Schedule: Instructors will possibly work morning, afternoon and evening hours Monday-Friday and/or various weekends.
Will continue reviewing applicants until all positions are filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Work schedule: Instructors will possibly work morning, afternoon and evening hours Monday-Friday and/or various weekends.